- In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, breakup ground beef into small chunks and brown 8-10 minutes until completely cooked.
- Drain, if necessary.
- Use a pasta sauce, chili, casseroles, etc. seasoning to taste.
- Combine 1 lb (500 g) beef, 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup (50 mL) fine bread crumbs; season and mix lightly.
- Shape into 4 to 6, 3/4-inch-thick (2 cm) patties.
- Lightly oil pan or grill. Broil, barbecue or pan-fry using medium-high heat, 5-7 minutes per side until instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of patties reads at least 160ºF (71ºC).
Patties are completely cooked at 160ºF (71ºC), regardless of colour.