COOKING DIRECTIONS:Preparation Time: 12 minutes Cooking Time: 12 minutes, Serves 4 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Corn Fed Marinating Steak 1/3 cup (75 mL) soy sauce 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry sherry or rice wine vinegar 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ( 1 to 2 mL) red…
STEWING BEEF – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Coat beef pieces with a mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- In lightly oiled Dutch oven or stockpot, brown meat in batches.
- Add onions and other seasonings as desired.
SIMMERING STEAK – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Season steak/strips, in lightly oiled skillet, brown all over.
- Add sliced onion, green pepper, garlic, etc., if desired.
- Add enough liquid (such as canned soup or tomatoes, broth or red wine) to just cover beef.
ROTISSERIE ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Pierce roast numerous times with long fork.
- Place in large re-sealable freezer bag with 2 cups (500 ml) teriyaki sauce or Italian salad dressing; refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- Place drip pan under grill. add 1/2 inch (1 cm) water to pan.
QUICK SERVE ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Season beef steak/strips.
- In preheated lightly oiled non-stick skillet, cook over medium heat, 2-4 minutes per side for steak, 1 minute per side for strips or until browned, but pink inside.
- Beef is best cooked only to medium.
QUICK ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Season roast.
- Insert meat thermometer lengthwise into centre of roast so that shaft is not visible.
- Place on rack in oven-proof skillet or shallow pan.
PREMIUM OVEN ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan
- Season roast; insert meat thermometer into centre of roast avoiding fat or bone.
- Cook, uncovered, in 325ºF (160ºC) oven to desired doneness.
POT ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Season roast.
- Brown in lightly oiled Dutch Oven or stockpot over med-high heat.
- Add 1 – 2 cups (250-500 ml) liquid such as red wine, broth, canned tomatoes or soup).
OVEN ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Place 2-5 lb (1-2.5 kg) roast, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan
- Season roast; insert meat thermometer into centre of roast avoiding fat.
- Add 1/2 inch (1 cm) water to roasting pan.
- Cook roast, uncovered, in preheated 500ºF (260ºC) oven for 30 min.
Preparation Time: 13 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes, Serves 4
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Corn Fed Marinating Steak
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) naturally brewed soy sauce