From The News Feed, July 2010 A study from Texas A & M University shows grass-fed beef may not have as many healthful traits as some perceive. Dr. Stephen Smith, an AgriLife Research meat scientist, and a team of researchers have found that contrary to popular perception, ground beef from pasture-fed cattle had no beneficial…
From The News Feed, May 2012 Never again will beef farmers Troy and Stacy Hadrick allow someone else to tell their story about farming. Since March of 2002, the cow-calf producers from South Dakota have been on a mission to urge farmers to combat negativity towards agriculture and to be their own spokespeople. The Hadricks…
From The News Feed, October 2011 The growing interest in local food is proving to be an exciting development for Ontario Corn Fed Beef and Morton Wholesale. The Windsor-based company was the first food service distributor to partner with the OCFA’s signature branded beef program. The family-owned business, which has been around since 1919, focuses…
COOKING DIRECTIONS:Preparation Time: 12 minutes Cooking Time: 12 minutes, Serves 4 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Corn Fed Marinating Steak 1/3 cup (75 mL) soy sauce 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry sherry or rice wine vinegar 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ( 1 to 2 mL) red…
STEWING BEEF – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Coat beef pieces with a mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- In lightly oiled Dutch oven or stockpot, brown meat in batches.
- Add onions and other seasonings as desired.
SIMMERING STEAK – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Season steak/strips, in lightly oiled skillet, brown all over.
- Add sliced onion, green pepper, garlic, etc., if desired.
- Add enough liquid (such as canned soup or tomatoes, broth or red wine) to just cover beef.
ROTISSERIE ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Pierce roast numerous times with long fork.
- Place in large re-sealable freezer bag with 2 cups (500 ml) teriyaki sauce or Italian salad dressing; refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- Place drip pan under grill. add 1/2 inch (1 cm) water to pan.
QUICK SERVE ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Season beef steak/strips.
- In preheated lightly oiled non-stick skillet, cook over medium heat, 2-4 minutes per side for steak, 1 minute per side for strips or until browned, but pink inside.
- Beef is best cooked only to medium.
QUICK ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Season roast.
- Insert meat thermometer lengthwise into centre of roast so that shaft is not visible.
- Place on rack in oven-proof skillet or shallow pan.
PREMIUM OVEN ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan
- Season roast; insert meat thermometer into centre of roast avoiding fat or bone.
- Cook, uncovered, in 325ºF (160ºC) oven to desired doneness.